Think you can't afford a quality Canterbury education? Think again!
Our Commitment to Access
Canterbury School of Florida is committed to accepting students for admission from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. We realize that each family situation is unique and therefore, tuition at Canterbury is not "one-size-fits-all." Our Variable Tuition program allows us to adjust a family's tuition rates to help meet their unique financial position. Canterbury takes a need-based approach to Variable Tuition. Need-based is defined as the difference between what it costs to attend Canterbury School and a family’s ability to pay. While we attempt to meet a percentage of need, no child receives full tuition. Further, we do not offer scholarships or grants based on merit or athletic ability. International students are not eligible for Variable Tuition.
Apply for Variable Tuition
Please apply by March 15 for priority consideration. Applications are accepted after that date but resources may be limited.
We also accept the Step Up For Students Scholarship. Step Up For Students provides legislatively authorized K-12 scholarship programs and related support to give economically disadvantaged families the freedom to choose the best learning options for their children.
- NEW TO STEP UP: Apply to Step Up beginning in February.
- RENEWAL FAMILIES: Renew your child's Step Up scholarship beginning in October. Be sure to note the renewal deadline on the Step Up website. We know the decision to attend private school is a major financial commitment. Please feel free to contact us to discuss.
- What is Variable Tuition?
- How does Variable Tuition work?
- What kind of economic situation is typical of a family who qualifies for Variable Tuition?
- Is it possible to receive a 100% Variable Tuition adjustment?
- How do I apply for Variable Tuition?
- Upon completion of my Variable Tuition application, when will I receive confirmation of my Variable Tuition adjustment?
- When will the Tuition Down Payment be due?
- What is the cost to apply for Variable Tuition?
- When can I apply for Variable Tuition for next school year?
- Are there deadlines to apply?
- Should every new Canterbury family submit an application for Variable Tuition?
- Do I need to apply for admission to Canterbury to receive confirmation of my Variable Tuition?
- Do I need to apply for admission separately from applying for Variable Tuition?
- Will applying for Variable Tuition hurt my student’s chance of being admitted to the school?
- Can I still apply for Variable Tuition if I enroll mid-year?
- Can international students apply for Variable Tuition?
- Do I need to apply for Variable Tuition every year?
- If I do not qualify for the program this year, can I apply again next year?
- When will the tuition rates be announced for the next school year?
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Canterbury School of Florida welcomes students without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, economic or social status. As a member school, Canterbury adheres to the NAIS Principles of Good Practice.