Why give back?
As alumni, you surely remember the value of a Canterbury education.
Fellow alumna Annie Ritch, Class of 2010, graduated from Cal Tech in 2014, and is now a graduate student researcher at Stanford University.
She had this to say on the matter:
“As a young scientist, I spend my days reading, writing, and searching for novel methods to investigate the systems that characterize our planet. While I'm still finding my exact niche in academia, I am grateful every day for the verbal and quantitative skills I developed in my classes at Canterbury. Furthermore, the passion for science and discovery passed to me through the school's fabulous teachers (shout-out to Mr. Wyness!) has been an unparalleled motivator. Thank you, Canterbury, for giving me better academic preparation than I could have ever asked for!”
Support Your Alma Mater
Sponsor or Attend Our Community Events
Alumni are encouraged to support Canterbury by being a part of the planning committees for large fundraising and special events, as well as by being event sponsors and attendees.
- Learn more about our Tee It Up Golf Tournament
- 50th Anniversary (2018-2019) - DETAILS COMING SOON!
- Volunteer for one of these events.
Crusader A-List: Alumni Annual GivingWhen it comes to alumni giving, participation is the name of the game! If everyone gives as he or she is able, we can reach our strategic goals. Your contribution—at any level—is very important. Canterbury applies for local and federal grants on a regular basis. In order to qualify for many of these grants, a 70% participation rate by our constituents (which includes alumni!) is required. In addition, national associations and local organizations inquire about our participation rate. A strong message of commitment by our families, staff, and alumni is given when we exceed 70% participation. See our A-Listers in the 2015 Annual Report.
Take the Alumni Class Challenge and join the A-List today! Give in the amount of your class year (example: $20.16 or $2,016 or $20,160!). Let’s see which class has what it takes to reach 100% participation in the Annual Fund first! Join the A-List.
Volunteer Your Time
There are countless ways for you to get involved and give back to the place that gave you so much! Support the Crusader community with your time, professional expertise and networks, financial resources, and enthusiasm.
- Serve on a committee for our 50th Anniversary celebration in 2017-18
- Volunteer on a committee to help plan a school fundraiser such as the Tee It Up Golf Tournament, Spring Gala or the Canterbury Cup.
- Plan reunions and alumni special events throughout the year
- Serve as a Class Correspondent
- Serve as a Class Agent for the Annual Fund
- Host a Canterbury alumni regional gathering in your neck of the woods
- Host a Canterbury student or fellow alumni in an internship program
- Connect with Canterbury alumni attending your college or university
- Connect with us on social media by LIKING our Facebook page and connecting on LinkedIn! We want to see your Crusader Throwback Thursdays. Use #CSFthrowback to share the memories.
For more information on any alumni involvement opportunities, email email@example.com.
Pictured Above Right: Class of '82 reunion lunch at Chattaway's