Through our International Studies program, Canterbury students have the opportunity to experience world cultures in myriad ways. From diving and marine research expeditions in Honduras and the Bahamas, to international film festivals in Monaco or service trips to Costa Rica, there is no horizon we won’t chase to give our students the opportunity to model global citizenship.
Our students visit Lycee Albert 1er in Monaco, and those students visit us. Read about a recent visit.
International Student Application Process
Summer opportunities to study language and culture in France, Spain, Italy, and China.
International Community Service
Service trips to Costa Rica (2018, 2016, 2014). Read about the 2014 trip.
Service trips to Cuba (2017). Read about the 2017 trip.
Model United Nations
In 2017, our middle school MUN team won Best Delegates in the General Assembly.
On-Campus Cultural Learning
- 76 Fullbright Scholars were brought to the campus to meet with students. Read about the visit.
- International Studies Club (for Middle and Upper School)
- Canterbury’s annual International Food Festival
- Multicultural celebrations like Chinese New Year and Mardi Gras
- Attending local international festivals
Recent International Exchange Students
|Henrik M., Germany, in the
|Camilla G., Italy, (far left) with her senior
classmates during a homecoming event
|Don Z., China, with his Grade 5
|Damon Z., China, with a fellow
classmate and Grade 5 buddies
|Jonathan F., Germany, has Type 1 diabetes and is staying with a ninth
grade family whose twin boys who also both have Type 1 diabetes.
- Spanish (required for Grade 5; a choice for Grades 6-8)
- Prima Lingua (required in Grade 6)
- Latin (a choice for Grades 7 and 8)
- Spanish I-IV Honors / Advanced Honors
- AP Spanish Language
- AP Spanish Literature
- Latin I-IV Advanced Honors
- AP Latin
- French I-IV Honors / Advanced Honors
- AP French Language
- World History Honors / Advanced Honors
- Ancient Greece
- Ethics, Philosophy and Religion Honors
- AP Comparative Government and Politics
- World Literature Honors / Advanced Honors
- British Literature Honors / Advanced Honors