Fostering Curiosity and Developing a Lifelong Love of Learning
Canterbury gives preschool-aged through fourth grade students a balanced and challenging program wherein confidence, talent, friendship, and individuality can flourish. The academic curriculum is designed to give our students a solid foundation in core subjects while ensuring they also develop the powerhouse skills—collaboration, problem solving, creativity—needed for success. As a member of the Canterbury School of Florida community, each student:
- Helps build a class of compassionate, respectful, thoughtful students who value and learn from each other.
- Conducts hands-on experiments in a dedicated lower school marine science laboratory.
- Learns healthy habits in our daily physical education and Health andWellness programs.
- Begins to study Spanish in PK3.
- Grows in confidence through public speaking, theatrical productions, and research presentations.
- Creates a welcoming environment and helps visitors and new students feel at home.
- Plays an active role in service learning projects that teach the importance of acceptance, integrity, cooperation, and fairness.
Get answers to all your frequently asked questions. . .
or watch this video by our 2016 Kindergarten class, which pretty much explains what our Lower School is like . . .