Fostering Curiosity and Developing a Lifelong Love of LearningCanterbury gives preschool-aged through fourth grade students a balanced and challenging program wherein confidence, talent, friendship, and individuality can flourish. The academic curriculum is designed to give our students a solid foundation in core subjects while ensuring they also develop the powerhouse skills—collaboration, problem solving, creativity—needed for success. As a member of the Canterbury School of Florida community, each student:
- Helps build a class of compassionate, respectful, thoughtful students who value and learn from each other.
- Conducts hands-on experiments in a dedicated lower school marine science laboratory.
- Learns healthy habits in our daily physical education and Health andWellness programs.
- Begins to study Spanish in PK3.
- Grows in confidence through public speaking, theatrical productions, and research presentations.
- Creates a welcoming environment and helps visitors and new students feel at home.
- Plays an active role in service learning projects that teach the importance of acceptance, integrity, cooperation, and fairness.
or watch this video by our 2016 Kindergarten class, which pretty much explains what our Lower School is like . . .