Fostering Greater Responsibility and Independence
Canterbury’s Middle School (Grades 5-8) exists as a bridge between the lower and upper school divisions, stressing academic, social, and life skills. We recognize that the middle school years are full of tremendous change. Thus, we strive to help our students thrive in an environment that balances structure and freedom within a safe, exciting, and challenging environment. Our students:
- acquire an academic foundation which promotes continued success and personal growth.
- tackle real-world problems that inspire critical thinking and rich classroom discussions.
- develop leadership, respect, perseverance, and talent by participating in service clubs, special-interest groups, and academic competitions.
- work with an advisor who serves as a mentor and advocate.
- work collaboratively with each other.
- develop confidence in their learning abilities.
- communicate effectively through writing and public speaking.
- recognize the value of cultural diversity.
- develop an appreciation for the fine, applied, and performing arts.
- contribute to the development of an honest and trusting school environment.
- acquire an awareness of the role of technology in their future.
- develop an environmental and global awareness.
Get answers to all of your frequently asked questions.